+30 6947 806591
Some crucial tips in order to make the home BBQ perfect, traditional Greek lamb souvlaki does not require anything a long process to pursue but the marinade. All you need to do in order to make the delicious Greek’s tradition souvlaki food, initially the meat must be marinated in a way such as soak it into the optimal quality Mediterranean flavors and after that grilled it to obtain a juicy and nicely colored food.
Tip: for marinading the lamb souvlaki it is best to keep it in the fridge for minimum 4 hours that will allow the smell to inject into the meat a give you your desired taste.
While following these ingredients you will get a delicious, smokey n crispy char-coal barbeque. Moreover, in case you do have prime place of proper bar be que, it also works best in domestic oven or grill pan.
- 1kilo gram lamb leg or shoulder, chock into pieces (35 oz.)
- 80ml olive oil (approx. 5–6 tbsps)
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 red onions, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp dried Greek oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme or some fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 tsp smoked sweet paprika (optional)
- 1/2 tsp cumin (optional)
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 10 metal or wooden skewers
- 10 pita breads
- olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano